Sunday, April 18, 2010

lesson learned

This week I have learned several lessons....

1. Rewards only work when you follow through with them.

2. I CAN NOT eat everything that's not nailed down and lose weight.

3. Making the next available YOU-TURN will work!

So, this is how I have come to learn all this. And, might I add, not bad for a weeks work if I have learned three whole things hehehe.

I did track my points all last week and I did EARN my reward of something special. I didn't however, follow through with getting myself something special. I thought about it. I dreamed about looking for something special for myself and not feeling guilty. But, I never quite went to the store to get anything. So, my reward did not work because I failed to do something for myself. This has always been an issue for be. I'm not sure if I play my own martyr or not but, I don't allow myself to put first. Again, I'm a work in progress. I know that this is something I need to work on or I will carry this weight with me forever. I am worthy of weight loss and celebrating my successes.

I tracked my points all week until Saturday. Then I quit tracking because I was going to a fish fry. I have to STOP this in order to succeed, and succeed I will! So no reward for me this week but, I do vow to reward myself for last week. I think a little reward and putting myself on the list of important things to take care of will get, and keep me motivated. I am worth it. Oh yeah, the fish fry with a carry in dinner at church (a little shout out to the Conaroe's for the fish and the ladies at church for all the yummilicious dishes they brought) was where I learned that I can't eat everything that's not nailed down and succeed. As a little side note and reminder for myself in the future, I have terrible heart burn. My non shrinking tummy is on fireeeeee.

The next available YOU-TURN comes into play right now! I WILL TRACK MY POINTS THIS WEEK! And, with that, I know I will have some kind of success. Even if it is to just get this burning out of my tummy!

So, when you look below at my results for the week, I'm sure just I wasn't shocked, you will not be either. Not much change.

So, now I say to myself, "Self, was not tracking and stuffing your face with things that you know are terrible for your body worth it?" Myself answers, "NO, IT WAS NOT!

Weight 151.5 NO CHANGE
Waist 36" NO CHANGE
Hips 38" NO CHANGE
Bust 39" NO CHANGE
Biceps 12.5" (-1/2")YEAH!
Neck 14" NO CHANGE
Thigh 20" NO CHANGE

With all those "NO CHANGE" it's a good thing I'm not an ATM or my body would fire me!

Love, Peace, and don't cook with Grease,

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment