Sunday, September 26, 2010

it's working!

Weight 148.8 (-1.6) yea!
Waist 35.5" (-1/2") yea!
Hips 37.5" (-1/2") yea!
Bust 39.5" (+1/2") oh my! hoping it's because of TOM!
Biceps 12"NO CHANGE
Neck 14" NO CHANGE
Thigh 20.5"(+1/2")
oh my! hoping it's because of TOM!

Well, it's been a week since I last checked in. I made myself do that so that I wouldn't be giving you all my measurements 20 times a day. I'm always sure that when I pass up one _______(you fill in the blank with cupcake, ice cream, potato chip or whatever you choose) or if I do a hard workout that I will step on the scale and have miraculously lost 10 pounds and inches everywhere! Yea, whatever, I know you do it too lol.

Any how, I counted and wrote down my points 5 out of 7 days and it shows. I did the other 2 days in my head ( yes I know this is a big mistake and that will be my goal for this week, to write down everyday). I even saved my flex points for a Dairy Queen Blizzard. I'm sure I would have done a little better had I tracked my points in writing everyday and used my flex points for something a little more nutritious but, Weight Watchers is set up so that we can have our occasional treats and that works for me. It keeps me from feeling guilty like I sometimes do with very restrictive diets. Hence, ending up at the Chinese Buffet the week before when I deviated from the very strict fruit/veggie regimen I was trying.

Well, the point to this whole post is, It Is Working! The Weight Watcher Plan that is. I feel really good about it and myself for doing it. I did not feel deprived at all and this is key for me and for you I'm sure.

GOAL FOR THIS WEEK: Write down my food everyday, everyday, everyday. OK, I think I've got it!

Happy OP (On Plan) week all and......


Love, Peace, and Don't Cook with Grease,

Dawn :)

2 comments:

  1. Dawn, I like your blog and I like your resolve to "write down what I eat no matter what".

    Take care,
    jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. jenny,

    Thanks so much. I'm trying. That is all I can say at this point. I am truly hoping that small challenges, good friends for accountability, and a good program will lead me and others to the success of a healthier lifestyle. I know that it is a long road with many hills and valleys but, I also know that it is possible and each mini step helps me along the way. Heck, each mini "failure" helps me realize where I need to work so, in a sense, they are successes too!

    Love, Peace, and don't cook with Grease,

    Dawn :)

    ReplyDelete