Sunday, March 28, 2010

progress not perfection

March 21, 2010
Weight 156 #
Waist 38"
Hips 39"
Bust 40"
Bicep 14"
Neck 14"
Thigh 21"

March 28, 2010
Weight 154.5 (-1.5#) YEAH!!!!
Waist 37" (-1") YEA!!!!!
Hips 39" (same)
Bust 40" (same)
Biceps 14" (same)
Neck 14" (same)
Thigh 21" (same)

Ok, so I didn't set the world on fire this week but, I did light a match. I'm proud of my success. I had a couple of days where I did not track my points :( but, I did have 5 days that I DID track my points :). Thank you Weight Watchers, Dr. Oz, and Dr. Roizen for getting me through the "slip ups" and bringing me back to my tracking. I WILL NOT beat myself up over my imperfections. They are just trials that I face each and every day, as do we all. I try everyday to remind myself that this is my life. It's not a reality TV program. I will make mistakes. I will have "slip ups". I will want treats that are probably less than healthy for me and that is OK. I will plan the best I can. I will make the next available "YOU-TURN" when things are not as they should be in my eating and exercise program.

So, Easter is coming up next week. I'm trying to focus on the big picture. I mean really, Easter is for us to celebrate the risen Christ. Sometimes I forget that the holiday doesn't exist solely for me to stuff my face and drink too much wine. Who knew??? Anyway, I plan to eat too much. Yeah you heard me. I am planning to over eat on Easter. You ask "how can you plan to over eat and call this a success?" Well, I do. I plan to save my activity points and my flex points. I plan to eat what I want so that I do not feel deprived. But, most of all, I plan that when Easter dinner is over,
it is over. As my previous Weight Watcher leader once told me, "It is a HoliDAY, not a HoliWEEK!" This is so true. This is where I have messed up in the past. So, I am planning to prevent this. I WILL make the next available YOU-Turn and get back on track. Not on Monday morning after Easter but, right after my Easter meal. I know that if I say I will not eat any of the high calorie high points foods for Easter that I will set myself up to fail. This is what sends me into that crazy tailspin of negative self talk and beating myself up for who I am. You know, you have done it too...."what's the use?", "my body was just meant to be fat." "i cant stick with anything so, why bother" blah blah blah. I promise not to bore you with the whole list. I have many and they can get kinda harsh on me. So, I will spare us all. Today, I choose HEALTHY!

Again, progress, not perfection.

Love, Peace, and don't cook with Grease,

Dawn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment