Thursday, January 7, 2010

well....

have not been able to get my walk in for a few days. why you ask??? well, let me tell you. i know Dr. oz and Dr. Roizen say "no excuses" on the thirty minute walk. I tried! really i did. Oh yeah, i was going to tell you why i haven't walked.....gout! yeah you heard me, i have GOUT! what the heck? how in the world do i have gout. i don't eat any meat other than seafood. yes, that's right! I am pescatarian. I thought that would be good for me and in some ways it has been. My HDL has went from 39 to 60 since last year. I think that was probably due to the additional intake of Omega-3's from the fish. OK, and maybe the couple of glasses of red wine I was having a week. Well, today I have learned that Meat and SEAFOOD can increase your risk of high uric acid levels which cause gout. So, i have been toying with the idea of becoming a VEGETARIAN. Yes, even at the risk of having to hear over and over how crazy that is, are you some "animal lover", you can die from that, and let me tell you, i have heard them all! anyway, i was also reading that OATMEAL, ASPARAGUS, SPINACH, CAULIFLOWER, BEANS, AND PEAS can increase uric acid. Wow, so what am i to eat??? I want to eat healthy and I seriously want to lose these last 30 pounds but, I DO NOT WANT TO EVER HAVE A GOUT ATTACK AGAIN. Terrible pain. I mean it hurt bad enough to let Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen down so you know it was bad.

So, here's my question for Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen......What the heck should I be eating???? Please help me figure this out.

Love, Peace, and don't cook with Grease,

Dawn :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dawn! I found your blog and I think it is good to try to voice what you are feeling. You asked Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen what to eat...I think you should try to find things you love. Your sample journal looked tasty...can you repeat it? Can you find something low pt and eat it everyday for two weeks for lunch and then don't worry about breakfast and dinner as much. Just my thoughts. Hope you are doing well. I'm trying to get back to the board regularly...just having a struggle to get my thoughts back on track. I'll get there. So will you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer. yes you are definitely right on finding something that is low in points, healthy, ant that i like and then repeating it. I am feeling a little more on track this past week. Yes, we will get there. It's just nice to know there are others that we can count on. Nice to know we are not alone in this struggle.

    love, peace, and don't cook with grease :)
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete