Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day 2010

I am so grateful for yet another year and I look forward to making this upcoming year a happy and healthy one.

I did my walk. Even though I decided not to officially start with the Waist Management until tomorrow, I still did my 30 min walk. Let me tell you that it is 20 degrees in southern Ohio. Yes, I did say 20 degrees. EWWW so very bitter out there. Note to self....Wear a scarf and put on my Snuggies if I go outside for my walk again.

I made the Mediterranean Tilapia. (yes you are right. There is no recipe for that in the book. It is for chicken but, I do not eat any meat except seafood so I adapted!) At fist I was just going to throw my hands up in the air and say well there are not enough choices that are vegetarian so I can't do this. Well, the new me decided to adapt the recipe a bit and make it work. Actually, Steve says, "You're going to school to be a dietitian. Can't you make something close in calories and with similar fat, protein, and carbs and make it work?" Wow, I hate it when he is right but, he was. How simple and now I feel better already because I am setting myself up for success. Anyway, I made 4 servings of the Mediterranean Tilapia and I put it in individual containers to freeze so that I have it on hand for a quick dinner.

So, I have my meals planned for tomorrow.....

Breakfast - oatmeal, skim milk, pear, and coffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Snack - Lite peach yogurt, 1/2 cup peaches, 1TBS raisins.
Lunch- Mixed greens, red bell pepper, mushrooms, snap peas, 5oz can tuna, 6 walnuts, with a dressing made from 3tsp balsamic vinegar, 1tsp olive oil, and a pack of splenda.
Snack - Pear and 1/2 oz of walnuts.
Dinner - Mediterranean Tilapia with Herbed white beans and maybe a glass of red wine depending on my hankering :)
Snack - Popcorn


That is as far as I have gotten. Hopefully I will plan out my exercise for the week. I HAVE to be a bit organized because school starts back Monday but, I am learning that it is OK for adjustments to the plan as needed. a YOU-turn :)

Love, Peace, and don't cook with grease :)

No comments:

Post a Comment