Sunday, October 24, 2010

I'm Late, I'm Late for a Very Important Date!

Weight 146.2 (-1.0) yea!
Waist 34 3/4" (+1/4") boo!
Hips 37 1/2" (-1/4") yea!
Bust 38 1/2" NO CHANGE
Biceps 12 1/2" (+1/2") boo! but they are getting cut!
Neck 13 3/4" NO CHANGE
Thigh 20"(+3/4")BOO!


OK, OK OK! I know I missed last week. Wait a minute now, I have a REALLY GOOD reason. My grandson Aiden Reese was born. Yes! of course he's the most precious baby in the world. I mean really???? You have to ask?

THINGS THAT WORKED WELL FOR ME THE PAST TWO WEEKS!

1. I exercised. I tried out two new videos. (yes, I'm going to tell you what I
thought of them.)

2. I ate low point snacks like popcorn or fruit when I was hungry. Popcorn really
satisfies me when I have the munchies!

3. I had my 4-5 servings a day of veggies! Definitely keeps me full (ha!and regular
if you must know!)

4. I drank my 8 cups or more of water each day. This keeps me from mistaking
hunger for thirst.

WHAT I NEED TO WORK ON THIS NEXT WEEK!

1. Getting enough sleep. When I am sleepy, I eat to get me going.

2. Writing down my food. I am still struggling with this.

3. Making bad choice when I go out to dinner.

All that being said, I didn't do too bad over the past two weeks. We have eaten out quite a bit which is hard for me. And my routine has been a blur with the birth of a new Grandson.
THE VIDEOS 1. Leslie Sandsone's 2 mile walk of the pounds!
at first I thought wow, this is nothing and kind of a waste of my time. Well, it didn't take long for me to work up sweat. It's not a real high intensity workout but, it did get my heart rate up and work up a sweat. This will definitely be a great morning workout for me. When I want to get some cardio in but, just don't feel up to a real high intensity workout. I am going to try to get Steve to do this some morning while I do the elliptical glider. I think it would be perfect for him.

2. Amy Dixon 20 minute kickbox!
I liked this one. There was a lot of legs, OH MY! I'm sure I will be sore over the next couple of days. I definitely worked up a sweat and my heart rate got up a bit. This is a keeper for a quick cardio workout for sure.

THE VEGGIES

1. Opo Melon.

Steve will have to give you the exacts but, he made a miso soup base and put large two bite size pieces of the Opo Melon. Cooked this till almost fork tender and then added shredded carrot and zucchini, and sliced mushrooms. We had this yummalicious soup over buckwheat noodles with some Thai Peanut Sauce mixed in. Oh My! Very hearty, satisfying, and low point soup!

2. Swiss Chard.

Yes, I know I absolutely love greens. I'm sure you can't believe that I have not had swiss chard before. I like! We had a hearty 2 cups for each of us of swiss chard (a quick saute with a teaspoon of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, and 2 teaspoons of garlic for each 2 cup serving serving), 1 cup of whole wheat spaghetti, 1/2 cup chick peas, and a 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Pasta with greens has got to be my absolute favorite meal every. It's quick, hearty, low in points, and yummalicious to boot! The swiss chard worked really well in this dish and I do believe I will try it again soon.

So, this week I again am going to vow to work really hard to:

1. Write it down! Again, you are seeing, I am a slow learner.
2. Drink 8 cups of water daily.
3. Get at least 7 hours of sleep each day.
4. Try a new video. I think it will be an AB's video to see if I can start some waist
shrinkage!
5. Try a new fruit.
6. Try a new recipe and report back!


Love, Peace, and don't cook with Grease!
Dawn, The Dietetic Technician






1 comment:

  1. The writing it down part is hardest for me on the weekends. That and the dinners out as well!

    ReplyDelete